SDG has a proven track record in helping our clients improve their bottom line by assessing project deficiencies, identifying inefficiencies, and recommending solutions that result in time and cost savings. We can create or improve your processes, develop new project tools, and improve existing tools. We integrate processes and tools with industry applications to improve stakeholder engagement. SDG can support the implementation of solutions and monitor performance improvement beyond just traditional project management KPIs, such as cost and schedule performance and analyzing performance data to highlight continuous improvement opportunities.
The trained professionals in Solutions Delivery Group can:
- Help improve the bottom line by assessing project deficiencies and recommending solutions that result in time and cost savings.
- Create or improve existing processes and provide new or update existing tools.
- Integrate processes to align with industry standards and to improve stakeholder engagement.
- Support the implementation of engineering and operations solutions and monitor performance improvement beyond just traditional project management KPIs.
- Analyze performance data to highlight continuous improvement opportunities.
Project, Program, & Portfolio Management
Our team has experience managing single projects through diverse programs and project portfolios. As Project/Program/Portfolio Managers, SDG will leverage our diverse experiences to help drive the best project performance through enhanced project oversight, teamwork, and communication.
We are not just staff augmentation; SDG provides a Single Point of Accountability for project oversight, from initiation through final closure.
Project Performance Improvement
When SDG gets directly involved with a project, an initial assessment is performed by our highly competent staff by reviewing existing Organizational Process Assets (OPAs) and interviewing client stakeholders. SDG uses this information to recommend the highest value with the least amount of effort (highest return on investment) to recommend opportunities for improvement. These efforts have historically included:
- Quality Management
Focus on assessing and improving existing quality planning, quality assurance, and/or quality control.
- Project Status Reporting and Metrics
Provide hierarchical management access to real-time project status based on stakeholder importance and their needed information.
- Project Lifecycle Process Improvements, Monitoring and Reporting
Ensure scope development is effective in producing consistently defined stakeholder requirements to successfully advance projects through the project lifecycle.
- Create and Improve Existing Engineering Standards
Develop guides, procedures, and references to further clarify client requirements and preferences to improve performance efficiency.
- Track Project Performance
Access to operations through project lifecycle (particularly during the execution phase), document root cause of project anomalies, and drive continuous improvement across the project lifecycle.
Project Support Staff Augmentation
Provide clients with project managers (PMP certified through the PMI organization) capable of reporting directly to client leadership team and provide project oversight as directed.
The key difference in how we provide staff augmentation is we do not provide daily oversight nor direction for these resource types.
Available Project staff augmentation positions include:
- Project Management Analyst – Trained to assist project managers with a variety of project tasks, including cost and schedule reconciliation of planned vs. actuals vs. estimate to complete.
- Project Scheduler/Planner – Specialized in industry with experience to develop, monitor, and report the status of Work Breakdown Structures for various project phases.
- Project Administrator – Assist project teams with administrative tasks, including documenting meeting minutes, recording action items, creating project folders, and reviewing engineering design checklists for completeness and quality.
Our staff can offer engineering support but may not necessarily be degreed engineers. However, our staff has the necessary technical understanding and extensive project experience.